Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

Is it okay for a man to stay at home and take care of the kids without being heckled while the woman goes out to work in this day and age oppose to the past?


With the recession most dads are finding it rewarding to stay at home to take care of the children while mom is off to work....Now they say; its the men who have more patience than us woman...right? So, they say...lol

Nevertheless, fathers can certainly be as nurturing as mothers, so that old traditional cave man thinking; woman should be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen and men as bread winners, was dead many, many, moons ago.

This is definitely a new dawn and a new day of time and we have fast forwarded, so far that nobody even pathams the thought of that anymore!

I believe overall, you have to sit down and see if its a need for both parents to work, or if one should stay home to take care of the child/children. You have to discuss the family income, hours, time, health, dental insurance etc, etc

Whatever your choice...remember, children didn't ask to be born. Its at least one of the parents in the home who should care for the needs of their child/children during their early years. Parenthood isn't forever, so you may want to rethink how often someone else is constantly and consistently taking care of your child/children, rather its day care or a part/full time nanny.


6 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with fathers staying at home if both of you decide it is affordable. But, when you are begging the father to get a job because you now make less money, NO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is up to the family at hand. A lot of people would not agree. It is truly okay as long as they guy is doing the same function as if he was working. Meaning keeping the house well kept, taking the kids to there destinations, taking care of the grocery shopping. As long as the brother is doing the same task as the woman things will be good. I know a few of my partners that are stay at home dads, and I respect them highly because it works for there family. When the wife gets home dinner is cooked house duties are done. It is real cool to be able to really see it first hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont see anything wrong with it. Kids need that fatherly relationship. I love when men take care of there family, weather they work or stay at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR QUITE SOME TIME ! IT'S ALWAYS BETTER FOR THE CHILDREN IF AT LEAST ONE PARENT IS AT HOME ! STATISTICS SUGGEST THAT WHEN ONE PARENT IS A STAY AT HOME PARENT, THE CHILDREN ARE BETTER ADJUSTED, THEY DO BETTER IN SCHOOL, ETC. ! AND "THE SO-CALLED EXPERTS" SAY IT DOES,NT MATTER IF IT'S THE MOTHER OR THE FATHER THAT STAYS HOME !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heck yeah he can stay home and keep the kids. My husband and I actually find out this works better for us long time ago. We were 18 years old and soon to be parents. So since we had to setup and be parents we he had get jobs but he had a criminal background so it wasn't as easy for him as for me. So I got a job and he kept our baby and it worked just perfectly. Now don't get it twisted, I still did house work and he still made money it's just I work the 9-5 while he kept the baby. This works out excellent for our lifestyle since I have two boys. They get to spend time with dad, I get out the house, he makes money, we all are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm gay, so whether me or my future-husband-to-be (whoever that might be and whenever that might be), one of us are gonna stay home and the other will work I guess. Also we can maybe split it between us- Sunday: me, Monday: him, Tuesday: me, Wednesday: him- and so on... There is no REAL role for a male and a female, only stereotypes regarding it, each person finds his own role. Also there is no set role for a human-being, other than just be alive. Amen to that! :D

    ReplyDelete