Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Do you think city curfews are helping to prevent juvenile crime, as well as protect youth from victimization? What happened when you made it in past curfew?



When those street lights popped on and I wasn't in my area; I sure was high-tailing it to get there 'n' got there quick. Once I was within distance I made sure 2 start screaming "mmmmooommmmm" I’m ccoommmiinnggg!!! LOL... boy I tell ya.....those were the good ol'e days ;-)

Parent(s) should not be held “ financially responsible” for the child's juvenile crime wave(s) in the streets, and I think the law should punish the kid instead of the parent. Don't get me wrong yes, parents should be accountable for their kids action since it starts from home, but financially responsible NOPE, NO WAY, NOW HOW, NOT EVER! How do you expect your teenager to pay back any damages you might asking? There are many ways to get “your” teenager to be responsible for “their wrong doings” and pay it back. The first link below on the  blog post will give you some insight just how you could do that.

I say this because, say if a child has animosity towards that parent(s) for whatever reason or just flat out doesn't care for their parent(s) then what good is the law? The parent(s) will continue to come out of pocket to pay back the city when that money should be going into their own household. I have a friend who has done the best job she could do with 1 out 3 of the children. One takes her through the ringer, the rinse cycle and some....so YES!!! Laws must change...times have changed since way back when and the law needs and should keep up with the the times.






1 comment:

  1. Ok, curfew? I had one and rarely broke it. I'd just sneak out later :O Wait, what age are we talkin' here? (heehee) I definitely wasn't out destroying property and actin' out in a way where that would cause financial damage. Well, except for that ONE time.(Haaha)Don't think a curfew hurts. It's like the wild wild west out there. Laws and rules won't change behaviors but they can manage them. Sometimes too much so.

    With regard to the "hostile child," couldn't imagine that situation...until after reading your post, it's not hard to do so. There should definitely be flexibility within the law as so to best accommodate the circumstances. The saying "It takes to" comes to mind... As does, "Youth is wasted on the young".

    ReplyDelete