Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 26, 2010

If a mother/father lost their guardianship to the other parent due to depression/bi polar disorders, drugs, jail, or whatever reason, should they be given a second chance once they've pulled themselves together?

We all make mistakes and NOBODY is perfect although some of us would like to think they are. Nevertheless, ask yourself when you made a mistake didn't you want to be forgiven? I know I have and I'm sure the next person has felt the same. I'm sure some of you went straight to Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times...which of course does not literally mean 490 times, but rather that the number of times are not to be counted...

So are you thinking that everyone deserves a 2nd chance after reading this? Sure you would think, but when it involves a child? Well, I would think one would examine the entire scenario before making such a decision. One of the most important questions should be, “WHAT'S  IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD?” Are we talking about something as small as a nervous breakdown and you're unable to care for the needs of your children until you get yourself together or is it something major like child molestation? It doesn't make you a bad parent if the the other parent or appointed  guardian needs to temporary take care of the children until you are much better to see fit to your children again. However, if its on the lines of hurting a child as in mentioned above; than for me I'm inclined to say H-E-double hockey sticks NAW not NO but NAWWWWW you don't deserve a 2nd chance with them!!!! At this point I'm sure the other half of you went straight to Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 

3 comments:

  1. yes we all make mistakes and i my self have made some as well but i would never put no childs life in jepordy but things tend to happen where one parent get mad at the other and call and make alligations against the other just to keep him or her in their depression mode but you have to learn to look past the other parents negativity and move forward in life this i say cause of personal experience it was done to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Slowly but surely there should be a reconnection if healing has taken place. And, a careful watch thereafter.

    ReplyDelete