Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I just got out of an 8 year relationship and now I’m with a new boyfriend who I’ve known for a very long time. However, my 13 year old daughter does not care too much for the guy I’m now involved with. She asks me all the time when am I going to get back with my ex??? At this state I feel torn between the guy that I am seeing now and my daughter…any advice is appreciated ~~ anonymous

As they say people on the outside can see things we can't often see and “sometimes” childrens instincts are dead on the money when our love is blind. However, NEVER put someone else before your children when they may need you the most right now even though you require happiness in more than one way I'm sure. Remember they were here first and yes they grow up and move on, but you made the ultimate choice to have children in the end. Just make sure to sit them down and “ask” them to tell you why they don't like this person rather you want to hear it or not; you may be surprised/shocked at what you've heard/discovered. Next explain, explain and explain some more, because brushing it off causes nothing but created drama with not just you all, but everyone under that same roof.

 http://www.momlogic.com/2009/03/kids_hate_your_boyfriend.php

No comments:

Post a Comment