Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I have a 17 year old gay friend who lives in Mississippi who suffers from Homophobia and violence. He is being beaten down out in the streets, as well as when he comes back home; his family beats him too! He tried to kill himself a few times already, the whole world is against him and right now so is he. So I guess my ...questions are: Firstly, do you think he did anything to deserve all this??? Secondly, more important, how can I help him, and who can he turn to? ~~ Eden Antopolsky, 18, from Israel

 

Note: Please list any resources in Mississippi and/or links that can be passed on to Eden's friend, but most important please lift him up in "Prayer"

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. While this may just seem like shameless self-promotion, I really do believe in both the value of Project: OUT AND the value of letter writing. While he may not be able to address the family members and schoolmates who attack him, he can (for the sake of releasing emotions), write them letters. Dear Mom, Dear Dad, Dear Bastard that Punched me in the Gut...these are all ways of letting pieces of the hurt go. If he opts to participate and wants to mail the anonymous letters to Project: OUT, then I'll be happy to be his audience (PO Box 10, Frederick, MD 21705), and if he chooses to keep them to himself, that's ok too. The idea is to relieve some of the pressure welling up inside. ~Charity

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all are different in our own right and NOBODY 'n' I mean NOBODY has the power to judge who or what we are....WE ALL have to stand on judgment day, so I don't pass judgment on him, and NOBODY deserves to get beat for who they want to be!!!! I pray that he finds some comfort, so that he is NOT enduring the pain rather it be physical or mental from whomever. I hope someone will be able to provide the resource that he needs for the Mississippi area soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have him call The Trevor Project at 1-866-488-7386. They have the only national 24/7 Helpline for LGBTQ Youth. Even if this doesn't describe your friend, I'm sure he will find compassionate caring people at the other end of the phone. They can help him with resources local to him, I'm sure. No one should have to suffer from bullying - whomever there are!

    ReplyDelete