Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My daughter was born with many physical disabilities and passed away at 2 years old from cancer. She was our only child. We want another child, but are scared that the next child will have the same problems and I don't want to loose another child. I would like to hear your thoughts on this please ~~ Anonymous

 Losing a child has to be an horrific experience no parent should ever have to face and I'm pretty sure it's one of the toughest things in life that someone could ever endure. I would think one going through such a difficult experience would never ever forget the loss let alone ever accept it, but I guess one would find ways to cope, deal with it as best as one can. 


 

At some point you do have to move on for the sake of your other children/family or just for your own sanity. Discussing your feelings in whichever way you see fit to help you; then you do just that in any environment that you feel comfortable with. There is no right or wrong question let alone feeling, so all of them need to be adhere to. I thank you for sharing on this site and pray you find the courage, strength, and understanding to move forward in your journey in finding peace.

 

 http://www.cancer.net/patient/Coping/Grief+and+Bereavement/Grieving+the+Loss+of+a+Child


2 comments:

  1. Hey, that’s really bad I’m really sorry, I don’t know what to say… An I cant say I understand what your going through because im not a dad but that’s really awful.. SORRY MATE, just keep strong, she's in a better place R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you consider adopting a child? There's many out there who are in desperate need of a home. If you child's condition was likely genetic, this may be a good route to take. Hell, even if it wasn't, consider adoption anyway. Better to give a kid a home than create a whole new one, surely.

    ReplyDelete