Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 16, 2010

What do you think about adults wearing (lounging) pajamas out in public areas…like grocery stores, movies, gas station, fast food places etc, etc? ~~ Marie Cooper


Let me say again this is not a page to bash others opinions and this is a topic that obviously has gotten much agreement to disagreement rather then agrees to disagree....


I say this because on the Facebook group page (link posted at bottom of blog) believe it or not the comments went on 'n' on, upside, down 'n' round 'n' round on something as simple as lounging pj's..WOW DRAMA...lol




Who's to say its  not cool to wear them out in public when they come in so many fashionable colors and taste? Some look like sweats and a plain ol'e tank shirt right?


Then you have the ones with the shorts? How can you tell these days??




Yes, I agree it becomes a problem if you start allowing it into the work place and other places that's when enough is enough. Banning it from the work place, church, restaurants I totally understand, but banning it from society like the  hospital, dropping the kids to school or running into the grocery story or pharmacy is just ludicrous in my opinion.

5 comments:

  1. Hate to say it but pretty much you will see an African American wearing these Pj's no other ethnic of people will wear Pj's out in public.
    Now we as Black people will make a fashion out of anything. the only reason we as Black people will wear Pj's out in public is no different than seeing a Black woman in the grocery store with rollers in her hair.
    I personally think that it's just a sign of laziness to make an effort to look presentable out in public also it's a "I don't give a damn attitude on what people may think" but I personally feel you should care about how people may look at you plus the way you dress IS a reflection of your character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a very untrue statement. Other ethnicity's do wear them in public. How do I know? I'm one! Usually its getting my morning coffee from Starbucks, grab my paper go home, do my necessary grooming and head off for work. Yes, I have a degree and I'm a scientist who works long hours, so I think that was a very cruel statement you made among your own ethnicity to say the least. Very discriminating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not to meant to be rude to Tony J the author of this topic, but as reflective. Your statement poses the same issues against you as you do against pj's in public. You feel it's a sign of laziness. Would'nt it also be considered lazy to just dump this issue on black people claiming they are the only ethnic group that does this? Which is not true. It's also lazy to not do your research before making such bold accusations. Some of these pj's are made intentionally for dual purpose of being being casual and comfortable to be worn in public or for sleep wear. Also consider the more sexy versions, Had you not considered that? Every ethnic group can be seen in sexy lingerie as their outfit at parties and night clubs decked out. Do you think they just rolled out of bed with their makeup, stilletos, and "hair did?" that was especially for you LOL. Maybe you hadn't considered this as the same thing because you like that style. Hopefully we will stop generalizing every irritating habit as a "black" thing. People had the same attitudes about hip hop in it's early years and now look, every ethnic group wants dress "hip hop" listen to it just eat it all up. There was a time when it was a crime for a black person to be in public with "Pride" on period or by themselves with their black skin and no note from their "master". Stop sleeping on black people if it's an issue okay, address the issue not our people. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I cant do nothing with it! I guess you told him for us now didnt you? Well said. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a caucasion woman that wears this style sometimes when I am in a hurry to get somewhere b4 it closes. I have been known to wear a night shirt and pants to run and get cigs from the "corner store" at 8pm. I see nothing wrong with wearing PJ's out to the grocery store or other places where casual wear is ok. Its no different than wearing a bathing suit into the stores during the summer. I say as long as the appropriate places are covered then who are WE to say what someone can and can't wear???

    ReplyDelete