Total Pageviews

Friday, September 3, 2010

Would you feel comfortable dating or re-dating someone who “had” a serious crack cocaine addiction or any other drug problem in the past?


Understand the chemical that makes the crack is a whooper and the reason being is Cocaine/Crack is a strong central nervous system stimulant. Some effects of cocaine/crack, include constricted blood vessels, increased temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, feelings of restlessness, irritability, and anxiety just to name a few. YES there's more! However, it depends on the individual. Each person is different and some have recovered and have lived a better life then possibly you or myself. You also have others who do well, and as soon as the first sign of trouble comes along they revert backwards even possibly worse then before. Then of course you will have the ones who stay where they are or you have the ones that never come back due to the drug coming out the boxing-ring in the long run.

If you do date or take this person back you have to be prepared for any battles or long roads that “may” come along with it. True, we often say that people deserve 2nd chances, but remember in the end its your choice. Only you know what and who you will accept and/or allow in your life as well as into your children's life if you have any.

http://www.drug-rehabs.org/drug-statistics.php

2 comments:

  1. No, I have to say I probably would not. I would pray about it though but admittedly, I would most likely close the door on it. I might be losing out on something good but I have too much to lose. They would have to show me they are truly something special for me to go there. TRULY SPECIAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I agree with you there. I also have my young ones to think about as well. Going through life these days is enough, and to have to adjust or work around things such as that in my household would be too much. Maybe it would be different if I was alone and like you said B.A, they would def have to show they are TRULY SOMETHING SPECIAL 'n' SOME.

    ReplyDelete