Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My brother is married to his male partner, which I don’t disapprove of. My concern is they want to adopt a child and I think the child will grow to be what he sees and learns. My brother says I’m too young to understand. I’m 23 and I feel a child should be in an opposite sex home or a single home. Am I wrong for feeling this way? ~~ Anonymous

I recall a time when it was an issue to adopt a child if you were single and don't be a single
African-American woman....good mercy me....so to me that's “discriminating”.
I recall a time when it was an issue to adopt a child if the child was not the same race as you, so to me that's “discriminating”.
I recall a time when it was an issue to adopt a child if the couples were the opposite race, so to me that's “discriminating”.
I recall a time when it was an issue to adopt a child if you were homosexual, so to me that's “discriminating”.
I recall a time when...wait....currently that there is an issue to adopt a child if you are transgenders or an homosexual couple, so to me that's STILL “discriminating”.


I would think that we as human beings would want a child to be in a home where they will receive the proper care, love, nurturing and respect opposed to the awful home or streets that they came from. The question should be more “what's in the BEST interest of the child”....NOT what race, creed, color, gender, nor sexuality. 

2 comments:

  1. I am opposed to the adoption of children with living, loving parents as it is. I am doubly opposed to anyone claiming a right to a child on any alleged basis other than that child was born into their loving arms.

    Every child truly orphaned and placed for adoption is a child who in reality has lost his living, loving parents - a father and a mother. Father and mother are terms not interchangeable with 'parents', as 'mother' and 'father' are terms that connote personal responsibility for a child.

    Those who do not appreciate the loss of the orphan - of both a mother and a father - are not equipped to console over that loss. Those who claim to have an ideological right which in effect deprives a child of parents - who do not acknowledge the loss of orphanage and therefore cannot console for it - most certainly do not have a right to adopt.

    There is no right to adopt. There is certainly no right to adopt on any ideological grounds at all. We learned that lesson here in Australia, as policies arose granting rights to childless married couples over the natural parents of a child. As a result of that alleged right, a demand was created for the children of the vulnerable - the sole mother - and they lost their children unlawfully at birth (180,000 were taken, according to some estimates).

    Same-sex unions preclude opposite-sex relationships of the parent/child variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all children become what they see and learn in the family, then there would be almost no gay people, as most gay children grew up in traditional homes. If that was the case, then I would have been straight as I had a mother and father. Since homosexuality is as much of a choice as choosing to be straight, the main factor should be that you have love to give to a child.

    ReplyDelete